Rights and Responsibilities of a Resident | Spalding University Student Handbook
Rights and Responsibilities of a Resident
Rights of a Resident
- The right to access one’s room and facilities at all times.
- The right to physical safety in one’s living space.
- The right to live free from abuse.
- The right to a clean living space.
- The right to sleep during the night undisturbedl
- The right to privacy.
- The right to study in one’s room free of noise and distractions
- The right to have one’s belongings respected by others.
- The right to be listened to and to be heard.
Responsibilities of a Resident
- To respect oneself, others, staff, community, and property.
- To respect the rights listed above of every community member.
- To understand and abide by University and residence hall policies and procedures.
- To be open and responsive to reasonable requests of community members.
- To be open, responsive, and cooperative with Residence Life staff members.