Writing Center Contact
The Writing Center is located on the second floor of the University Library.
Stop in to schedule an in-person appointment
Phone: (502) 873-4494
Please consult the Spalding University Writing Center homepage for updated hours.
Writing Center Services
While writing process is generally our focus, the Writing Center offers all kinds of services to help students. Our goal in the Writing Center is to build confidence in students while helping them understand the writing process, so they can improve their revision practices. Check out the list below to see what we do:
- Offer assistance in understanding the writing process for a variety of papers from any subject or course
- Recommend strategies for improvement in revision
- Brainstorm ideas, discuss direction, and formulate a writing plan
- Collaborate on organization, rhetorical structure, thesis statement, flow, and other writing conventions
- Provide an audience for speeches and presentations
- Help with resumes, CVs, personal statements, and other career documents
- Assist with MLA, APA, and AMA formatting
Writing Center Mission
The Writing Center is a place where the dynamic nature of the writing process can be explored, and where effective writing habits can be modeled and developed in a flexible, comfortable environment. Accordingly, Writing Consultants act as an authentic audience and collaborate with writers at any stage of the writing process. Our skilled consultants help writers interpret assignments and readings, organize and effectively support ideas, plan revisions, and refine language, grammar, and style.
Writing Center Staff
Our staff is composed of highly-trained, compassionate, understanding, welcoming, peer consultants. Specifically, our staff is composed of undergrad student workers and graduate assistants who undergo extensive writing center training.
In addition to these student workers and GAs, we have two full-time staff who can be contacted:
Writing Center Director
Writing Center Coordinator