Campus Safety is primarily responsible for developing services, programs, and strategies for maintaining a reasonably safe campus.
- No campus is totally isolated from crime, but Spalding has been fortunate in seldom experiencing felony crimes . To prevent such incidents, a competent Residence Life staff, a professionally-trained Security Services staff, and the students themselves are responsible for a number of measures to ensure that students and their possessions are protected as much as possible.
- Spalding University takes student safety very seriously. To this end, we have developed policies and procedures to assist in locating missing Spalding students and collaborating with police and the campus community. Individuals who believe a student to be missing should contact the Dean of Students at 502.873.4479 or Campus Safety at 502.873.4444.
In order to meet the goal of a safe campus, the department focuses primarily on four functions.
- First, a strong partnership with the community. We recognize that we provide services with consent from our community and support the idea that all relationships require constant nurturing. We are committed to the philosophy of community-oriented public safety and problem solving which we carry out through communication with various student organizations, residential halls, athletic teams, and administrative offices. In addition to engaging in some of the more routine crime prevention programming, officers introduce other programs for problem identification and solving.
- Second, we focus on emergency management, which requires a comprehensive approach to preventing, preparing for, responding to, and recovering from emergency situations.
- Third, we attempt to leverage security technology to serve as a force multiplier for our safety and security efforts. The University has invested in several different systems that allow us to enhance safety through technology. These systems include automated card access to many facilities on campus, security cameras in all parking lots and public areas and mass alert systems for communication of important, timely information.
- Finally, the department is charged with the enforcement of University regulations and state and local laws. This function is essential to maintaining an environment that is safe and allows our educational mission to occur without disruptions.
We hope you find this report informative and helpful, and that your stay at Spalding will be enjoyable and safe. If you have questions or would like further information about safety and security at Spalding University, please visit us at http://spalding.edu/student-life/campus-safety/ contact us at 502.873.4444 or simply 4444 from any campus phone.
Click here To Report an Incident or Concern