Withdrawing from the University and Student Aid | Spalding University Student Handbook

Withdrawing from the University and Student Aid


What happens when you withdraw from the University?

Spalding University will determine how much of your Title IV aid must be returned to the Title IV Programs.

Title IV Programs:

Federal Pell Grant

Federal SEOG

Federal Perkins Loans

Federal Direct Loans (Subsidized, Unsubsidized, PLUS)

There are some funds that you were scheduled to receive that cannot be dispersed to you once you withdraw because of other eligibility requirements.

The law specifies how the school must determine the amount of Federal Title IV program assistance that you earn if you withdraw from the school.  The assistance that you have earned is determined on a pro-rated manner on a per diem basis up to the 60% point in the semester.  After this point in time Title IV is viewed as 100% earned.

Your withdrawal date is:

  1. The date you begin the Institution’s withdrawal process or officially notified the institution of the intent to withdraw, or
  2. The mid-point of the period when you leave without notifying the institution or
  3. Your last date of attendance at a documented academically related activity

The requirements for Title IV program funds when you withdraw are separate from any refund policy that Spalding University has.  Therefore, you may still owe funds to Spalding University to cover unpaid institutional charges.  Spalding may also charge you for any Title IV program funds that Spalding was required to return.

The Office of the Registrar can provide you with requirements and procedures for officially withdrawing from the school

If you have questions about your Title IV program funds, you can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4 FED AID.  You may also go to www.studentaid.ed.gov.